- It really helps to use your hands to finish mixing the ingredients. I highly suggest doing this :)
- Almond Flour/Meal (I probably used around 1/2 cup)
- Pitted Dates (around 1 1/2 cups, but add more if needed)
- A handful of rolled oats (I used a muesli mixture which as muesli, sunflower seeds and oats)
- Tiny amount of Pure Peppermint extract (like 3-4 drops)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4-5 Drops of Sweet Leaf's Vanilla Creme (optional)
- A few shakes of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- A few tbs of Raw Cacao powder
- 1 tbs Honey
- Either: Carob chips, cacao nibs, chocolate chips (as many as you've like. I put a few tbs in)
- Grind up the dates so that they are in small pieces. Add into a bowl along with the almond meal, oats, cacao and chips. Mix a bit.
- Add in the vanilla extract, vanilla creme, peppermint extract and honey. Mix with a spatula and then with your hands (it makes it a whole lot easier, even though it's a bit messy ) Add in more dates and/or honey if your mixture isn't quite holding together enough.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and form into a ball, then press it between your hands to form a small cookie shape. Place cookies in a container and put in the freezer. You can also eat them straight away but they firm up a bit when in the freezer.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.