Very easy recipe for vegan blueberry pancakes. No eggs, refined sugar or anything like that... and tons of blueberries!
- Using a non-stick skillet will make these a lot easier to cook!
- If you don't have any unsweetened apple sauce in the house, you can add in a bit more almond milk
- 3/4 cup whole grain flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran & wheat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 scoop of Chia seeds (around 1 1/2 tbs)
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk (might need a add a few more tbs of milk if your mixture is too thick)
- 1 medium/large banana
- A few tbs of unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 3-5 drops Sweet Leaf Vanilla Creme Stevia
- Fresh blueberries – go nuts with the amount! – I used about 2 cups.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Optional: A squeeze of lemon juice
- Get out a a large bowl and a spatula. Peel and add in the banana and mash with a fork. It doesn't have to be crazily mashed, but enough so that it'll help keep the mixture together.
- Then add in the flour, oat bran, wheat bran, baking soda, sea salt, almond milk, apple sauce and vanilla extract. Start mixing everything together and finally add in the blueberries and mix again. Add in a bit more apple sauce or almond milk if your mixture is too thick, although my consistency wasn't really runny – it was quite thick, so just experiment.
- Put a bit of olive oil on a non-stick skillet and heat to medium-low. Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture and pour onto the skillet. I cooked three at a time for about 3 minutes on each side. When the edges begin to be a bit crispy looking, that's a good indication of when to flip.
And then they are done! Enjoy :)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.